George Arthur Bull, Tisbury Square. Kelly's Directories show that Captain Bull and his sons had opened their shop by 1920. The firm was described as 'tailors, outfitters, drapers and boot factors'. This would have put them in competition with the Northover brothers on the opposite side of the road. Later the company expanded into tobacco. confectionery and even opened a lending library. The Bull family, with the Gethings and Walshs, were shining lights in the dramatic society of the time.

©   Tisbury History Society