SOUTH WESTERN HOTEL, TISBURY

The current landlord at the South Western Hotel is Philip Mossman.
The photograph of the South Western Hotel was taken between 1907 and 1915, when William Walter Waterman was the landlord. He is believed to be the man second from the right in the picture. The South Western was one of two hotels built following the construction of the London and South Western Railway through Tisbury in 1859. The South Western was built in 1884 to provide accommodation and stabling for travellers using the line and was particularly helpful to Shaftesbury people.

The original photograph is available in the archives of the Tisbury Local History Society.

©   Tisbury History Society