The Archive store and museum is currently housed in the Mere Room at the Nadder Centre in Tisbury. The Archivists are Jennie Stevens and Nicky Bartlett.
The Archive store is not open to the public but our archivists can search and find information for enquirers. The archivists can be contacted via email at email@example.com but are not full-time so delays may arise.
The archivists accept donations of documents relating to Tisbury and the surrounding villages including West Tisbury, Berwick St Leonard, Chicklade, Fonthill Gifford, Hindon, Fonthill Bishop, Chilmark, Dinton, Fovant, Sutton Mandeville, Swallowcliffe, Ansty, Donhead St Andrew, Donhead St Mary and Semley.
Information is available about:
- Archaeology of the Tisbury area
- Events in the village
- The Geology of the area and the Tisbury star agates or “Tisbury Coral”
- Past industries
- USA connections
There is generally a charge for searches and copying of photos and documents. Payment can be made via
- PayPal at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- by BACS payment to the Society’s account “Tisbury History Society” at Lloyd’s Bank account 00579044, sort code 30-97-41.
Some of the Society’s publications can be purchased from the Archive store including
- The Tisbook. A presentation of Tisbury’s past: 1900-2005 (£10 including P&P in UK)
- The Tisbury Jubilee Book 1902-2002. (£10 including P&P in UK)
- Looking around Tisbury reprinted 2008 (£5 including P&P in UK)
- The Tisbury Boys – Tisbury and the Great War, 2014(£10 including P&P in UK)
- The Tisbury History Trail 2019
The Society also accepts donations of money to further our research and archiving activities.